CTG UNIFIED AUDITION EVENT GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPANTS
(individuals wishing to auditions)
Actor Audition Qualifications to be Considered for an Audition Slot
- Actors must be 18 years or older at the time of the audition.
- In an effort to provide a gateway to the profession for recent or upcoming graduates that do not yet have the required 5 performance credits (professional, semi-professional, community theatre), CTG will accept any actor who has graduated from a college, university, or similar intensive educational program in the past 2 years or will be graduating by May 31, 2023. Applicants with some credits, but not enough to meet the above requirements, can apply as an alternate for the audition slots.
- Actors must be available for an audition time slot on Sunday, April 23 (12pm-8pm) and/or Monday, April 24 (10am-6pm). Actors will be able to list a preferred day, but we cannot guarantee a specific time.
- Actors must disclose if they are members of any theatrical union.
- Actors should generally be available for year round work.
Actor Process to Audition
- ACTOR APPLICATION SIGN-UP WINDOW: Actors will be able to submit an application between January 9 – March 10, 2023. Submitting an application does not guarantee a spot in the auditions.
- Pre-screening materials will include: an audition application, performance resume, and current headshot. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- There is no fee required to submit an audition application, but all selected auditionees must be an individual member of the Colorado Theatre Guild. Membership is open to all. In an effort to remove economic barriers, actors will be able to request assistance in covering the $50 individual membership fee. For more information or to join: https://www.coloradotheatreguild.org/ctg-membership
- Resumes/Applications will be reviewed by a committee who will select actors based on qualification criteria. All qualified actors may not be selected due to limited slots.
- Actors will be notified regarding the scheduled day and time of audition by late March/early April 2023.
- CTG affirms that representation matters. Actors from underserved populations are encouraged to apply. A certain percentage of audition slots will be set aside for the following: recent graduates (past two years), BIPOC individuals, and individuals with disabilities.
- Following successful submission of pre-screening materials, actors will be selected to perform at the live auditions. Actors will be assigned a day and time for their audition.
- Once provided an audition slot, actors will complete a form confirming their audition, resubmitting a current resume and picture and stating what selections they will be performing at the audition. This information will be distributed to all producers.
- Actors should note that not all of our member theatres participate in these auditions. We will post a list of participating theatres as they become available. Even then, we cannot guarantee attendance by all theatres as there may be last minute cancellations.
- Live auditions will take place on Sunday, April 23 (12 pm-8 pm) and Monday, April 24 (10 am-6 pm) at Curious Theatre Company located at 1080 Acoma St, Denver, CO 80204.
- For questions or concerns email: email@example.com
Actor Audition Preparation Instructions
- Live Auditions are limited to 90 seconds (1.5 minutes). Auditions could include two monologues or a single monologue and a song. It is up to performers to decide the length of the individual components of their material, but auditions cannot exceed 90 seconds. Actors will be stopped if they go over time. Actors are encouraged to find contrasting material that showcases performer strengths.
- INTRODUCTION: Use the following basic script for actor introduction: “My name is [your name], I am actor number [insert actor audition number here; audition numbers will be distributed when actors are notified about their selection]. No slating. No need to announce audition material.
- Your 90 seconds DOES NOT include your introduction.
- There will be an accompanist – NO pre-recorded accompaniment, self accompaniment or a cappella singing. Please bring sheet music in a format that is easy to read, includes a well-marked beginning and end and provides for easy page turning.